Competition: State aid
All citizens, organisations, companies, and public authorities are welcome to contribute to this consultation.
Period of consultation
From 22.07.2021 to 23.09.2021
Objective of the consultation
The evaluation of the short-term export credit insurance Communication as part of the Fitness Check found that the current provisions are overall fit for purpose, and remain needed. The proposed revision envisages a small number of amendments, which would be mostly of technical character:
- The provisions to short-term export credit insurance would continue to apply beyond 2021.
- The threshold set out in new point 19(b) would increase from EUR 2 million to EUR 2.5 million
- The Member States would be required to publish the annual reports alongside the other information already provided on the schemes (points 29 and 30)
- The Commission would continue to publish decisions about the list of marketable risk countries on its website (most likely through a notice in the Daily News) and through a communication in the Official Journal (point 37)
How to submit your contribution
We welcome contributions from citizens, organisations and public authorities.
- If you are answering this consultation as a citizen, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation on behalf of an organisation, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation as a company, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation on behalf of a public authority, please click here to submit your contribution.
Received contributions will be published on this webpage. Only submissions that are clearly marked "CONFIDENTIAL" (in English, in capital letters) will be treated as such and not published. In that case please also provide a non-confidential version of your reply. It is important to read the privacy statement attached to this consultation for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
We would appreciate receiving submissions electronically, as attachments to e-mails in .doc or .pdf format. Please see for contact details below.
Please note that we cannot guarantee to take account of replies received after the deadline.
Consultation document / Questionnaire
Please note that the consultation will be launched based on the English version of the text. In case of doubt, the English version of the text prevails.
Revised Communication and annex from the Commission on the application of Article 107 and 108 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union to short-term export credit insurance, in all EU languages.
Reference documents and other, related consultations
Please note that the background note is available in all EU languages. These are non-official translations. In case of doubt, the English version prevails.
Background note accompanying the consultation on the revised short-term export credit insurance communication.
Directorate-General for Competition – Unit D4
Please always indicate the reference number in your correspondence: HT.352
Directorate-General for Competition, Unit D4
State aid Registry
1049 Bruxelles /Brussel