Based on Article 107(3)(a) and (c), horizontal rules which apply across all industries set out the Commission’s position on particular categories of aid. It is apparent that the categories are aimed at solving problems that may arise in any industry and country.
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 1407/2013 of 18 December 2013 on the application of Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union to de minimis aid Text with EEA relevance - OJ L 352, 24.12.2013, p. 1-8
- Commission Regulation (EU) 2020/972 of 2 July 2020 amending Regulation (EU) No 1407/2013 as regards its prolongation and amending Regulation (EU) No 651/2014 as regards its prolongation and relevant adjustments - OJ L 215, 7.7.2020, p. 3–6
- Communication from the Commission concerning the prolongation and the amendments of the Guidelines on Regional State Aid for 2014-2020, Guidelines on State Aid to Promote Risk Finance Investments, Guidelines on State Aid for Environmental Protection and Energy 2014-2020, Guidelines on State aid for rescuing and restructuring non-financial undertakings in difficulty, Communication on the Criteria for the Analysis of the Compatibility with the Internal Market of State Aid to Promote the Execution of Important Projects of Common European Interest, Communication from the Commission - Framework for State aid for research and development and innovation and Communication from the Commission to the Member States on the application of Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union to short-term export-credit insurance - OJ C 224, 8.7.2020, p. 2–4
Definition of SMEs
- Commission Recommendation of 6 May 2003 concerning the definition of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (notified under document number C(2003) 1422) - OJ L 124, 20.05.2003, pages 36-41
- Please note that this definition of SMEs applies from 01.01.2005.
- Commission communication - Model declaration on the information relating to the qualification of an enterprise as an SME - OJ C 118, 20.05.2003, pages 5-15
- Corrigendum to the Commission Communication - Model Declaration on the information relating to the qualification of an enterprise as an SME - OJ C 156, 04.07.2003, page 14