In order to acquire the information necessary for its investigation, the Commission may issue Requests for Information (RFIs). This investigative power is outlined in Article 18 of Regulation 1/2003.
- Information may be requested by a simple RFI or by a Commission Decision
- The Commission can address RFIs to undertakings or associations of undertakings, to governments, and competent authorities of the Member Sates.
- The Commission shall state the legal basis, the purpose of the request and specify what information is required
- The Commission is required to fix a time limit within which the information should be provided
- The Commission shall state the penalties provided for in Article 23 or Regulation 1/2003 for providing incorrect or misleading information
- When information is requested by Decision, the Commission shall indicate or impose the penalties provide for in Article 24 of Regulation 1/2003
- The owners of the undertakings or their representatives shall supply the information requested
- For legal persons, companies, firms or associations having no legal personality, the information shall be supplied by those persons authorised to represent them.
- Duly authorised lawyers may supply the information on behalf of their clients.
In order to appoint a lawyer to act on behalf of a party, the model Power of Attorney in all languages can be found below:
- Laadige allaбългарски
- Laadige allaespañol
- Laadige allačeština
- Laadige alladansk
- Laadige allaDeutsch
- Laadige allaελληνικά
- Laadige allaEnglish
- Laadige allafrançais
- Laadige allahrvatski
- Laadige allaitaliano
- Laadige allalatviešu
- Laadige allalietuvių
- Laadige allamagyar
- Laadige allaMalti
- Laadige allaNederlands
- Laadige allapolski
- Laadige allaportuguês
- Laadige allaromână
- Laadige allaslovenčina
- Laadige allaslovenščina
- Laadige allasuomi
- Laadige allasvenska
Submission of documents in reply to a Commission RFI:
- eTrustEx (Trusted Document Exchange) ensures secure transmission of documents between DG Competition and external stakeholders;
- eQuestionnaire - The Commission uses the web-based application in its market investigations;
- Recommendations for electronic document submission in Antitrust and Cartel Proceedings.